Better Business Bureau in Eastern Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island & Vermont offers local charities who meet the BBB's 20 Standards for Charity Accountability a Charity Seal that can be displayed both online and in their solicitation materials.
The seal provides the public with a clear, concise and easily recognizable symbol that the local charity adheres to the BBB's strong and comprehensive standards. Only charities that meet the 20 standards are eligible to apply for the seal. Participation in the seal program is optional and requires a license agreement.
BBB will continue to report on local charities that have been the subject of recent inquiries from potential donors regardless of whether that charity intends to apply for the seal or not. BBB will also continue to report on both charities that meet and do not meet its standards. Click here to access the BBB Charity Reports
Below is a list of Local Charities that have been approved to use the BBB Charity Seal:
- Friends of Children's Trust Fund, Inc.
- Generations Incorporated
- Massachusetts Audubon Society
- Metropolitan Wind Symphony
- Saving Teens in Crisis Collaborative, Inc.
- Career Collaborative
- Carroll Center for the Blind
- Family Planning Association of Maine
- Healthcare Charities
- Rosie's Place
- United Way of Massachusetts and Merrimack Valley
- University of Maine Foundation
- Vermont Foodbank
- Vermont Works for Women